Patalliro is a series about the boy king "Patalliro". It's a long series with stories about the three main characters. It's a well-known comedy series in Japan that hasn't spread to a wide English-speaking audience for various reasons; including how long it is and how difficult it would be to translate a lot of the puns. But I decided to take a stab at it so that more people can (hopefully) enjoy this classic.
- Meet Patalliro, the insane prince of Malynera, and Bancoran, the man who has to keep him alive.
- The last main character, Maraich, joins the cast.
- Patalliro is having problems sleepwalking.
- Someone who looks exactly like Maraich infiltrates MI6.
- A group calling themselves "Tarantula" is stealing diamonds all over the world, but they seem to be one step ahead of Bancoran in every heist.
- Patalliro gets blasted into the past.
- Patalliro accidentally creates a potion that turns people invisible.
- The cast acts out The Tale of the 47 Ronin. Rashanu makes another appearance.
- Maraich and Bancoran go out but find a body while they're at a party.
- A few sadder stories from Patalliro.
- Purara is born.
- A lengthy look into Bancoran's start at MI6 and his first lover, Damien Night.
- More of the robots, more Zachary, more Maraich and more Bancoran.
- Zachary decides to pursue Bancoran.
- Pyotr causes havoc in everyone's daily lives to keep them from finding him.
- More robot chaos and time travel.
- Things get serious when Bancoran's relative shows up.
- Maraich and Patalliro try to handle Keen on their own and things go bad.
- Bancoran and Maraich lay siege on Keen's castle.
- The fight against Keen comes to an end, we learn more about Godot, Random is still lovesick and Hewitt discovers a new appreciation for Bancoran's patience with Patalliro.
- Patalliro has a suspicious pile of gold, a young boy attacks Maraich, Maraich takes on some of Bancoran's workload and more.
- The manga takes a sudden detour into the demon world.
- Astaroth's adventure finishes and we get back to our regularly scheduled program.
- We learn more about the Tamanegi and Patalliro causes a lot of trouble with his lying and moneymaking schemes.
- Patalliro learns that sometimes asking a favor isn't worth it.
- Bancoran has to deal with an unwanted crush from a rich company owner.
- Patalliro goes after a dress thief and ponders building a robot that gives birth.
- Maraich deals with a cursed tarot card deck and Patalliro meets a teacher who won't give up.
- Patalliro deals with some nasty gods, Maraich goes after Dumont again and Patalliro ends up with a young girl stalking him.
- Malynera disappears, Patalliro goes after Dumont with the help of cats, and Patalliro deals with some evil spirits.
- Patalliro learns how to stop time, tricks the Tamanegi and gets in a plane crash.
- Dumont uses Ice Mikhail, Patalliro deals with demons and helps Bancoran infiltrate a gang.
- Patalliro duels his 8 year old self, several Tamanegi have become infatuated with Bancoran and more.
- Patalliro invents a telepathy machine and finds 6 psychic children, hires Maraich to help him sell diamonds and bumps in Hewitt near the Embassy in London.
- Patalliro and Maraich keeps stumbling across a certain boy during an investigation, Maraich disovers an alien plot, Bancoran hires Patalliro to drive away a persistent girl, and Patalliro invents a machine that swaps people's faces.
- One of the Tamanegi fishes up a mermaid and Patalliro tries to catch a thieving master of disguise.
- Patalliro parodies "Glass Mask", creates a giant lense in outer space and more.
- Hewitt falls for a young girl he's supposed to protect, Maraich seeks help to deal with Bancoran's cheating, Patalliro invents a way to comprehend what people will say and a potter will do anything to maintain his high status in Malynera.
- Patalliro has to deal with unusual diamond thieves and Super Cat falls in love.
- Patalliro moves to Japan as Dr. Siewietlocke.
- Doujinshi of Patalliro is hard to find, but I managed to find some. This section now has a password on it. Keep reading for the password.
1. The username is the name of the main character of the series.
2. The password is his names backwards (Ex: maraich - hciaram).
3. There are no capital letters in either.
When I first saw Patalliro, I thought it wasn't my type of manga because of the style and the way the main character looked. However, as I learned more and more about it, I became more interested in reading it.
Finally I ordered the manga series for myself. And this series looks like it's a hidden treasure.
If you're like me and think, "It doesn't look like my type", try reading the first chapter and getting a feel for the manga. You might be pleasantly surprised. The art is actually quite good, but people aren't used to the old-style artwork anymore and don't like to give it a chance.